Preseason Finale Live 1st Half Blog
Alright, just got home from work, and I got my dinner sitting in front of me and YES is on. This should be a fun one, and hopefully you guys will be here with me, breaking it down.
So nobody met me in the chat box, so I will be live blogging here. Made a new post just because all those silly updates were clogging it up. Leave some stuff in the comments for me if you wish!
- We get Gus Johnson and Clyde Fraiser as our announcers…should be fun, they are great!
- Devin Harris playing tonight.
- Interviewing Ewing Jr…blah…blah…blah…get to the Nets!
- Knicks -Randolph, Lee, Duhon, Crawford, and Richardson
- Nets – Lopez, Anderson, Simmons, Harris, and Carter
- 11:20 left – Randolph drills the 1st bucket over Lopez
- 10:20 left – VC3!!! Carter drills a three. Nets up 5-4
- 9:43 left- Nice foul by Harris, not letting him get the shot up. VC turned over that last one, but I like to see him driving the lane.
- 9:00 left – The Nets and the Knicks exchange threes. Followed by a nice little move by Lopez. Showing a nice touch.
- 7:30 left – Lopez doing a nice job getting outside on Randolph’s jumper forcing the miss. 14-12 Nets.
- 6:20 left – Lopez drills a 15 footer…nice touch. 18-15 Nets.
- 5:22 left – Timeout. Nets up by 1…
- 5:22 left – Starbury and his crazy ass head tattoo is now in the game. Let’s see if he does something crazy.
- 5:11 left – Lopez gets bailed out on a traveling call.
- 5:00 left – Nice screen by Lopez for Harris. Would love to see him penetrate off of that rather than settle for the jumper.
- 4:45 left – Crawford is hot! Drills a three when the help comes.
- 3:45 left- Williams and Hassell check in. I am hoping to see some energy from Williams.
- 3:40 left – And right as a say that, a offensive rebound off from the line. Leading to another pair of shots.
- 3:10 left – Williams gives up an offensive board to Lee, but makes up for it with a block.
- 3:00 left – Simmons is on fire…another three Nets up 28-23.
- 1:32 left – Dooling, who should be our go-to guard of the bench drills a three. 33-24 Nets.
- 0:20 left – Williams drills a jumper…nice shot
- End of 1st – Tied 35 – 35. Nets shooting 64% Knicks shooting 50 – something %
- 11:28 left – Lopez showing some good hustle. Didn’t get the rebound, but put up enough of a fight where the Knicks couldn’t break.
- 10:20 left – Great two man game by the Nets! Lopez on the post with the nice little handoff to Dooling on the cut for the lay-up.
- 9:43 left – Lopez with a nice move to force the foul. Two shots for him. Which brings up my favorite thing about him. He can shoot from the stripe. 80% last year in college.
- 8:56 left – Knicks lead 45-43 in this no defense game. Both teams could be breaking three figures in the third quarter.
- 8:40 left – Even though we didn’t score on that play, I really what the offense has been doing. Pick and rolls, posting Lopez…Do this during the regular season Frank!
- 7:00 left – CDR uses his speed and athletic ability to get to the whole. Game tied at 47.
- 5:40 left – Clyde the Glide just said we have swiss cheese defense. That is a fair assessment.
- 4:45 left – Anderson seems to have lost confidence in his shot already. He hesitates then drives, turning it over.
- 4: 24 left – Harris with the great move off of the pick and roll. And 1. Misses the foul shout though. 55-49 Nets.
- 3:42 left – Duhon turns it over. WORST. SIGNING. EVER.
- 3:21 left – Carter with a great putback jam. Nets up 8.
- 2:57 left – Knicks end an 8-0 run. I am not sure if that run was caused by our defense or the Knicks terrible offense…ill say defense…since im a homer.
- End of first half – Nets winning 62-57. Sorry about the lull towards the end…had to step out for a minute. I am back though!
No comments yet.