Game 1 Preview – Nets vs. Wizards
OK, I haven’t done a game preview in a while, so I am going to try a couple different methods…tonight the bulleted, rambling on version:
- So it looks like Boone is starting tonight (making our starting lineup at least my guess – Devin Harris, Vince Carter, Bobby Simmons, Yi, & Boone), it could be good, but I would rather see Brook starting, he looked better this preseason. Coach Frank, I know you read this blog, so if Boone starts off poor tonight, get Brook in.
- My guess is that the Wizards starting lineup will look something like this: Antonio Daniels, DeShawn Stevenson, Caron Butler, Antawn Jaminson, Etan Thomas.
- Gilbert isn’t playing, but the Wizards are used to this, so it still won’t be a cakewalk. Whenever Gilbert isn’t in, Caron Butler seems to step up and play like a madman…We are going to need all of Simmons defense tonight (don’t know how much there is of it).
- Caron Butler vs. Bobby Simmons – Bobby is going to have problems on both sides of the court. Caron is a great defender who when he puts his mind to it can cause havoc on the offensive end as well. Id like to see Bobby concentrate more on the defensive end tonight, but I doubt that will happen.
- Wizards’ bench vs. Nets bench – The Nets bench is unproven, while the Wizards have some young guys who helped their team in terms of production last year. I see them outscoring the Nets’ bench.
- Devin Harris vs. Antonio Daniels – Antonio is a great player, but he is getting up there in age and Devin is a young speedy guy, I see Devin having a big game getting into the lane at will.
- Brook/Boone vs. Etan Thomas – Etan is a great hustle guy, but he is undersized usually and will be tonight. That is part of the reason I wanted to see Brook starting, this would be a good game to get his offense going and boost his confidence.
- Vince Carter vs. DeShawn Stevenson – If both players get going this could be a great one. Both are streaky shooters who don’t really play defense or take the ball to the hole. Which ever one does more of the latter will win this head to head matchup.
- I think the Nets can take this one if Devin and Vince play well. The Nets are going to be undefeated tonight and on pace to win 82 games!