Game 79 Preview: Detroit Pistons vs. New Jersey Nets
Alright, the game at 8:00 tonight, and since the Yankees aren’t playing tonight, the game is on YES.
- I was pleasantly surprised to see that we are winning the season series against the Pistons 2-1. Both of our wins came at the Izod center though, and the series finale is in Detroit.
- In both of our wins, we put up over 100 points, that seems like the goal we need to reach again tonight.
- Both teams are struggling a bit, as we are both 4-6 in our last 10.
- The Pistons are 20-19 at home and the Nets are 15-24 on the road.
Nets Starting Lineup
- PG – Devin Harris
- SG – Keyon Dooling
- SF – Vince Carter
- PF – Ryan Anderson
- C – Brook Lopez
Celtics Starting Lineup
- PG – Rodney Stuckey
- SG – Richard Hamilton
- SF – Tayshaun Prince
- PF – Rasheed Wallace
- C – Antonio McDyess
- Rasheed Wallace vs. Ryan Anderson – When Rasheed is on, he is a matchup problem for any team in this league. Especially a rookie. I see Rasheed going inside and working his post game on a smaller (physically) Anderson. It might get to the point where we are going to need to send a double at him.
- Devin Harris vs. Rodney Stuckey- I think that Rodney doesn’t have the speed to stay in front of Devin, and he will be able to get to the rim at will. I also think that Devin is smarting from the whipping that Rajon Rondo gave him in their last game. Look for a double double out of Devin.
- Vince Carter vs. Tayshaun Prince – Tayshaun is a freak of nature, he has a long wingspan, and he can probably tie his shoes without bending over. That being said, if Vince settles for jumpers tonight (like he did in that final possession against Boston), Tayshaun is going to be there to easily contest those shots with his long freak-boy arms. Vince needs to take it to the rack, draw fouls, get to the line, and get open looks for his teammates. We all know it’s possible for VC to drive the ball to the hole, but it just seems like he is hesitant to do it at times.
Final Random Thoughts
- The Nets offense has been clicking as of late, the lowest point total that we have in April is 94. And in our last two games, we have had 7 guys and 6 guys in double figures. It has been nice to see.
- On the other hand, we are only 2-2 in April because our defense hasn’t been getting the job done.
- 100 points is the goal. We score over 100 we win. The Pistons just can’t score that much, so this is going to be a game where we are going to have to outscore them.
- I would like to see Yi and CDR get some more time tonight (CDR probably will and Yi will rack up another DNP). We need to see if these guys are going to be able to contribute or not next season so we can know what we have to do in the draft. I mean, the final results of the games don’t really matter at this point now that we are eliminated from the playoffs.
- Our offense has been clicking as of late, and I think after a hot start we cruise to an easy win.