Game 79 Recap: Pistons 100 – Nets 93
Last night was another close game, but it still turned up as another loss. Even though it was a L, there were a lot of things that could be taken away from last night’s game.
- Well, we didn’t reach our 100 point mark, and they is due mainly to a terrible first half. The Nets only put up 38 points in the first half, and we were trailing 54-38. The lack of scoring is understandable, in the first half, Lawrence Frank was giving minutes to players who weren’t used to playing too much (Yi and Josh Boone for example). In the second half, the Nets scored 55 points in the second half, and in my opinion, this is attributed to Frank riding the hot hands.
- The man leading all exit polls for Most Improved Player (yes they have those), Devin Harris, re-injured his shoulder, and sat out most of the second half. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise though, CDR got to see more minutes, and I was very impressed with his play.
- As I just mentioned, I was very impressed with CDR’s play last night. He doesn’t look the smoothest, but the kid knows how to play, and he just gets the job done. Last night, his line was 31 minutes, 16 points, and 4 assists.
- The other two rookies played pretty well too. Brook, before fouling out put up 16 and 7. Ryan Anderson dropped 20 points.
- Now the bad. Yi only got 7 minutes and while he had 4 points, it seems like the Nets have made their decision on him. It looks like the Nets will be looking for a 4 in the draft.
No comments yet.