Game 79 Preview: Orlando Magic vs. New Jersey Nets
Alright, the game at 8:00 tonight, and since the Yankees aren’t playing tonight, the game is on YES.
- Orlando is winning the season series vs. the Nets 2-0.
- Both games were @ Orlando, the first loss was by 17 and the second was by 3.
- Orlando is 8-2 in their last 10 while the Nets are 2-8.
- The Magic are 20-20 on the road, while the Nets are 17-22 at home.
- The Magic are still competing with the Boston Celtics for the #2 seed. They will be firing on all cylinders against us.
Nets Starting Lineup
Now I am just guessing with this line-up. I don’t think we will be seeing Harris at all, so here is who I think will be starting. I will let you know if it is any different.
- PG – Keyon Dooling
- SG – CDR
- SF – Vince Carter
- PF – Ryan Anderson
- C – Brook Lopez
Celtics Starting Lineup
- PG – Rafer Alston
- SG – Courtney Lee
- SF – Rashard Lewis
- PF – Hedo Turkoglu
- C – Dwight Howard
- Rafer Alston vs. Keyon Dooling – I think Keyon will be playing point for us tonight. He is not too familiar playing point, but he does have experience. Rafer Alston does not get enough credit for being a great point guard. I actually think him playing point for the Magic is an upgrade over Jameer Nelson. Anyway, I don’t think there is any way Keyon will be able to stay in front of him.
- Vince Carter vs. Courtney Lee – Courtney Lee is a rookie, and I think VC will be able to just be able to out perform him. He is going to need to take it to the rack though.
- Brook Lopez vs. Dwight Howard -This is going to be an awesome matchup. Dwight Howard is going to be fired up because he had a subpar game against the Knicks. Brook is going to be fired up because it is Brookie Night! Fireworks are going to fly.
Final Random Thoughts
- The Magic were embarrassed by the Knicks last night. They were flat. You know that Stan Van Gundy won’t let them be flat tonight.
- The Nets probably will be giving out more burn to players like CDR and Boone. Especially with Devin Harris most likely out.
- Will Yi get time? I am actually expecting a DNP, but he may see a few minutes.
- With the young guys getting more time, and the Magic coming out fired up, I am afraid this will be a blowout. I am talking 30 points. We better be careful.
No comments yet.