Game 80 Recap (Quick Edition): NJ Nets 103 – Orlando Magic 93
Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter/Passover weekend, I know I did, and that is why I didn’t get this up yesterday, but here goes nothing.
- Even though Rashard Lewis was sitting this one out (knee tendinitis) and Hedo Turkoglu was out most of the 4th quarter (rolled ankle), this was a good win for the Nets. We had our own injury (Devin Harris – shoulder), and it is good to see that we aren’t tanking the season away just to get more ping pong balls.
- I wasn’t too pleased when the Nets brought in Keyon Dooling, mainly because I did not think he was good enough to be a backup for us. Throughout the year, he has shown that he is in fact very valuable. Every night he makes me eat my words, and tonight was no different, starting for Devin Harris, Keyon put up 12 points and 10 assists.
- This was Brookie night, and after a solid first quarter, Lawrence Frank decided to sit Brook most of the second quarter. Now I know we are playing everybody, but this is Brook’s night, you have to give him some burn. In the end Brook finished with a double double, 13 points and 11 rebounds in only 21 minutes of play.
- Boone had a pretty solid game (I personally am still not a fan). In 27 minutes he put up 11 points and 8 boards.
- Yi also had some solid minutes tonight (25) but didn’t take advantage. Although he did have 7 rebounds, Yi only mustered 3 points, and I think it is safe to say that Yi won’t be getting too many more minutes this year after that performance.
- Ho Hum…Vince Carter 40 minutes 27 points and 9 assists…Ho Hum…
- I am going to miss having Vince Carter on this team.
No comments yet.