Game 81 Preview: Charlotte Bobcats vs. New Jersey Nets
Alright, the game at 8:00 tonight, coverage starting at 7:30. The game will be on YES2 again, channel 18 in central Jersey (This is just another reason I hate the Yankees).
- The season series here is split 1-1, this game is the rubber match.
- Each team won on the others home court. The Bobcats beating the Nets by 8 at the Izod Center, and the Nets beating the Bobcats by 11 in Charlotte.
- The Nets are 3-7 in their last 10, while the Bobcats are 4-6.
- The Bobcats are 12-27 on the road, while the Nets are 18-22 at home.
Nets Starting Lineup
Now I am just guessing with this line-up. I don’t think we will be seeing Harris at all, so here is who I think will be starting. I will let you know if it is any different.
- PG – Keyon Dooling
- SG – CDR
- SF – Vince Carter
- PF – Ryan Anderson
- C – Brook Lopez
Celtics Starting Lineup
- PG – Raymond Felton
- SG – D.J. Augustin
- SF – Gerald Wallace
- PF – Boris Diaw
- C – Emeka Okafor
- Boris Diaw vs. Ryan Anderson – For once, Ryan isn’t mismatched here due to the fact that he is an undersized 4. Boris is about the same size as him. Boris is a savy vet who can do just about anything from rebounding, to getting assists, and he can even put up points if he has to. He has a somewhat unorthodox style of play, using a lot of pump fakes and headfakes around the basket. I think he will get Ryan in early foul trouble.
- Our Bench vs. Their Bench- The Bobcats were just recently eliminated from playoff contention. That being said, they will probably be giving their starters some rest and their bench will be getting more time. This is one of the few teams in the NBA that has a weaker bench than the Nets, and we should be able to take advantage.
- Vince Carter vs. Gerald Wallace – Gerald Wallace is probably one of the most underrated players in the NBA. Every night, he matches up against the opposing team’s best scorer (In this case VC), and he does a hell of a job shutting them down. Now Wallace doesn’t usually put up numbers on the offensive end, but he is a capable scorer. Anyway, this matchup should be fun to watch when the Nets get the ball.
Final Random Thoughts
- The Bobcats were just eliminated from the playoffs, so you may see a rotating bench just as the Nets are doing.
- This is a battle of late-lottery teams, a win by either team can positivly effect the others’ draft position.
- Yi is going to get under 10 minutes, book it!
- There is probably going to be a whole lot of Josh Boone/Brook Lopez on the court the same time stuff going on. It is going to be interesting to see how they play off of each other.
- I think we are going to take this one, and extend our winning streak to 2 games.
No comments yet.