Game 81 Recap : NJ Nets 91 – Charlotte Bobcats 87
Welp, another win, this time against a lackluster Charlotte team. I know a lot of Nets fans are rooting for losses so we can get more ping pong balls. I am 100% against this for three reasons:
- These games are obviously important to the players. Vince Carter has been going hard, and Devin Harris even returned and played a lot of minutes in this game. These guys are competitors and they want to get as many wins as they can.
- We end the season on a good note, and this leaves everyone with a good taste in their mouth for the offseason. Now I know you don’t think this is too important, but on a team as young as the Nets, it is. We have 3 rookies who plan on contributing a lot next season, and if we finish the year on a good note, and that makes them want to work harder in the offseason, its definitely a plus.
- Karma. What? I am serious…take last year for example, there were a ton of teams tanking last year to try and get in the Derrick Rose sweepstakes, and what happened, none of those teams got there. It was the Bulls who ended up with the #1 pick (the odds had them picking 9th). Now I know we probably won’t be bumped up to the #1 pick, but who knows, maybe we get a top 5 pick without tanking the final two (now 1) games.
/rant. Anyway, on to the recap:
- This isn’t a win to be too proud of. Despite not really having a bench, the Bobcats used one, playing 9 guys over 20 minutes. That team isn’t 9 deep, that’s for sure. Well, a win’s a win, right?
- Devin Harris played and played pretty well considering the bum shoulder. In 31 minutes, he had 11 points and 4 assists.
- Yi is still getting minutes (18 tonight) but he still isn’t showing up. Maybe he mailed in the season after the injury, but Lawrence Frank just keeps putting him out there as if to say “look, you are getting minutes and still not producing.” He scored just 1 point while going 0-5 from the field.
- CDR had another solid, not spectacular game. I know a lot of people don’t agree with me, but I see this guy becoming the second coming of The Matrix. Shawn Marion played like this for a while before he broke out, and I can’t wait to continue watching this guy develop and grow into a starter.
- BROOK! Brook had a monstrous game tonight. 18 points and 20 boards (8 offensive). Brook haters/doubters are going to say look who he is playing against, but you can’t take this performance away from him. This was a great game, and Brook is finishing his rookie season strong. Now let’s just hope he wins the rookie of the year.
We have 1 more game, against the Knicks after tomorrow’s off day. It will be nice finishing the year off beating those guys…
No comments yet.