- 12:00 left – David Lee starts out as the Knicks center. If we don’t get it in the post to Brook…
- 11:24 left – And we do…but Lopez has to enforce his will a little more. Can’t settle for a jump hook there.
- 11:00 left – Nets show a little half court trap, and it results in a T/O. I like that move, lets try to force the issue.
- 10:35 left – Simmons may have stepped out of bounds there, but he is playing really well tonight.
- 10:00 left – Another thing a great big man gives you? Less double teams and help. Harris with the easy lay-in because Lee was afraid to leave Lopez.
- 9:45 left – Lopez gets his 4th block, runs the court makes the layup…but is called for the charge.
- 8:35 left – VC3!!! A nice pass by Harris leads to this one.
- 8:10 left – Anderson drills the three off of the pick and pop. Pick and roll with Lopez, pick and pop with Anderson. I am really liking what I see from this offense.
- 6:16 left – Hilarity ensues as the announcing team discusses whether Marbury’s tattoo was real.
- 6:00 left – Harris drills a 15 footer…hopefully he can do this consistently.
- 5:20 left – Lopez does what he does and hits another 2 foul shots. Giving them an 82-66 lead. Let’s see if we can crack 100 in the third.
- 4:14 left – Lopez with a rebound and a putback. They are up 84-66…Knicks’ fans are getting restless and begin booing…music to my ears.
- 2:37 left – Great D by the Nets. It leads to a 24 second violation.
- 2:12 left – Hayes drills a two, some great ball movement by the Nets…I am loving this offense right now!
- 1:03 left – The Nets give up back to back threes. This is the weakness of the Nets D…allowing the three ball. We need to close out quicker! Let them drive into Big Brook.
- 0:47 left – Robinson is too tiny there. Swatted by two Nets.
- End of 3rd – Crawford drills a three to end the quarter as the Nets just watch. How on earth do you let Crawford who is on fire get an open shot off like that? HOW?!?!?! Nets up by 12
- 11:22 left – Tired of giving threes to Crawford? Yeah, let’s just foul him. That makes sense.
- 11:00 left – Great hustle by CDR getting the steal then taking it coast to coast before getting fouled.
- 9:50 left – CDR shows off some of his athletic freakishness. Nicely pinning the ball off of the backboard.
- 9:00 left- After a rough start, CDR seems to be settling into a nice rhythm scoring the Nets’ 100th point of the night.
- 7:30 left – I feel like im just writing about Roberts this quarter as he drills another jumper.
- 7:00 left – We get our first Ager sighting as he gets to the line. He hits both
- 6:19 left – Hayes just misses dunking on the entire Knicks’ roster
- 5:45 left – If LeBron is going anywhere in the tri-state area, it will be the Nets!
- 5:00 left – Rose shows his experience by “pulling the chair” on Williams, leading to the walk.
- 4:20 left – It sure looks like we are tired of giving up threes to Crawford. Why not let Patrick Ewing Jr. hit some.
- 3:00 left – I knew it was too good to be true…we aren’t going to hold the Knicks under 100.
- 1:45 left – It is a 6 point game after another three by the Knicks…key word…another…
- 1:15 left – Another three by the Nets…I don’t get it, why help out on the dribble drive…a 2 is ok, no threes! Stay home on your man!
- 0:50 left – The Nets have the ball again after trading baskets…up three.
- 0:28 left – The Knicks are cheating, they put Crawford back in. He hits a lay-up getting the lead down to 1. 111 – 110.
- 0:04 left – Poor late game execution or playcalling. Let’s run a pick and roll there with Lopez, it has only worked all game.
- End of 4th – That shot looked good the whole way and nearly gave me a heartattack. Nets win by 1!
That was a pretty good way to end the preseason, and minus the 4th quarter it was all good. Come around tomorrow to catch my recap and analysis. See you then!
Alright, just got home from work, and I got my dinner sitting in front of me and YES is on. This should be a fun one, and hopefully you guys will be here with me, breaking it down.
So nobody met me in the chat box, so I will be live blogging here. Made a new post just because all those silly updates were clogging it up. Leave some stuff in the comments for me if you wish!
- We get Gus Johnson and Clyde Fraiser as our announcers…should be fun, they are great!
- Devin Harris playing tonight.
- Interviewing Ewing Jr…blah…blah…blah…get to the Nets!
- Knicks -Randolph, Lee, Duhon, Crawford, and Richardson
- Nets – Lopez, Anderson, Simmons, Harris, and Carter
- 11:20 left – Randolph drills the 1st bucket over Lopez
- 10:20 left – VC3!!! Carter drills a three. Nets up 5-4
- 9:43 left- Nice foul by Harris, not letting him get the shot up. VC turned over that last one, but I like to see him driving the lane.
- 9:00 left – The Nets and the Knicks exchange threes. Followed by a nice little move by Lopez. Showing a nice touch.
- 7:30 left – Lopez doing a nice job getting outside on Randolph’s jumper forcing the miss. 14-12 Nets.
- 6:20 left – Lopez drills a 15 footer…nice touch. 18-15 Nets.
- 5:22 left – Timeout. Nets up by 1…
- 5:22 left – Starbury and his crazy ass head tattoo is now in the game. Let’s see if he does something crazy.
- 5:11 left – Lopez gets bailed out on a traveling call.
- 5:00 left – Nice screen by Lopez for Harris. Would love to see him penetrate off of that rather than settle for the jumper.
- 4:45 left – Crawford is hot! Drills a three when the help comes.
- 3:45 left- Williams and Hassell check in. I am hoping to see some energy from Williams.
- 3:40 left – And right as a say that, a offensive rebound off from the line. Leading to another pair of shots.
- 3:10 left – Williams gives up an offensive board to Lee, but makes up for it with a block.
- 3:00 left – Simmons is on fire…another three Nets up 28-23.
- 1:32 left – Dooling, who should be our go-to guard of the bench drills a three. 33-24 Nets.
- 0:20 left – Williams drills a jumper…nice shot
- End of 1st – Tied 35 – 35. Nets shooting 64% Knicks shooting 50 – something %
- 11:28 left – Lopez showing some good hustle. Didn’t get the rebound, but put up enough of a fight where the Knicks couldn’t break.
- 10:20 left – Great two man game by the Nets! Lopez on the post with the nice little handoff to Dooling on the cut for the lay-up.
- 9:43 left – Lopez with a nice move to force the foul. Two shots for him. Which brings up my favorite thing about him. He can shoot from the stripe. 80% last year in college.
- 8:56 left – Knicks lead 45-43 in this no defense game. Both teams could be breaking three figures in the third quarter.
- 8:40 left – Even though we didn’t score on that play, I really what the offense has been doing. Pick and rolls, posting Lopez…Do this during the regular season Frank!
- 7:00 left – CDR uses his speed and athletic ability to get to the whole. Game tied at 47.
- 5:40 left – Clyde the Glide just said we have swiss cheese defense. That is a fair assessment.
- 4:45 left – Anderson seems to have lost confidence in his shot already. He hesitates then drives, turning it over.
- 4: 24 left – Harris with the great move off of the pick and roll. And 1. Misses the foul shout though. 55-49 Nets.
- 3:42 left – Duhon turns it over. WORST. SIGNING. EVER.
- 3:21 left – Carter with a great putback jam. Nets up 8.
- 2:57 left – Knicks end an 8-0 run. I am not sure if that run was caused by our defense or the Knicks terrible offense…ill say defense…since im a homer.
- End of first half – Nets winning 62-57. Sorry about the lull towards the end…had to step out for a minute. I am back though!